Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What have you done, Mr. Postman?

I have been expecting a SpeedPost (EMS) package to arrive from Singapore these few days, from Zing who has helped me to purchase in Singapore the replacements of my lost Canon lens cap (which fell off from a cathedral at Cologne, Germany… You can read more about it here.) and my lost Bible (I lost it on a train in Germany… still have no idea how it went lost, and neither sure if it was stolen, or just disappeared… sob…). I keyed in the EMS code in the Israel Post website in school in the early afternoon, and the system told me that it has already arrived in Israel. I rushed back to my apartment, eagerly waited for the package, and… there was no postman.

The weirdest thing happened when Tal and I left the apartment for the mall to have dinner and do some necessity shopping. A note was in the mailbox, and it said something about the package delivery, and Tal noted the time: 4pm. I was in my apartment at 4pm! In fact, Tal and Issac were also in the apartment then. All of us were in! I couldn’t help but wonder why the postman didn’t come upstairs and ring the doorbell and deliver the package! Why did he stop at the Ground Floor? ARGH!!! Unlike the usual practice in Singapore where you can collect your package at the nearest Post Office or at the Singapore Post Centre, my package actually went out of Herzliya with the postman and is now in the city of Netanya (north of Herzliya, and some distance away…)!!! MY GOODNESS!!!

The note has asked me to arrange another delivery time in the next few days. Since the note is all in Hebrew, Tal will help me with that tomorrow morning. Still, I was like… what have you done, Mr. Postman??? It's supposed to be SPEEDPost, not a delayed post...

The package was so near, and yet so far……

(Latest Update: The Israel Post website said that 'attempts were made to deliver...'. What attempts??? Haiz... no wonder the Singapore Post website said 'Failed Delivery'...)

No comments: