Saturday, October 21, 2006
My very first Shabat dinner
Today is my second Shabat since I came to Israel. The Hillel House at IDC Herzliya organised a dinner on campus for the freshmen to get to meet new people. The Hillel House is a student-run organisation which was set up to promote Jewish culture, and it is also found in many educational institutions all around the world. Although I am not a freshman here in IDC Herzliya, I wouldn’t miss this dinner for the world! This dinner was my very first Shabat dinner in Israel, and it was a real eye-opener to see how the dinner progressed, from singing, saying grace, breaking of bread, washing of hands, to having a Kosher dinner, sharing session quoting from the Torah (the Jewish Bible, also the first 5 books of The Old Testament), and more singing at the end of the dinner! It was a real enjoyable evening… after all, the food was delicious!!! Haha! (Those who knew me would certainly know how satisfied I would be whenever I have good food! Hehe.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment