Saturday, November 25, 2006

I mistook onions as garlic! My goodness! =P

I went to the supermarket in the early afternoon today and bought vegetables, ginger and garlic. This is yet another remarkable step for me to improve my cooking and expand the variety of dishes I can cook. Also, I have missed the Chinese-style stir-fry green vegetables very much and I knew it wouldn’t be difficult for me to cook stir-fry vegetables here. As the sun set in the late afternoon, I laid out what I have bought and started to prepare for the dish. Wait a minute. Where was my garlic? I looked closer to what I have bought. My goodness! I actually mistook onions as garlic in the supermarket!!! Haha! Nevermind, onions were good as well, just that I couldn’t imagine how the stir-fry vegetables would taste like without garlic and with onions! =P

My first time cooking stir-fry vegetables was a resounding success. I felt so satisfied as I enjoyed the dish I have prepared myself. The good thing about using onions was that I could eat them, unlike garlic! I was so excited about my stir-fry vegetables that I actually asked Issac to come back from school early and I cooked for him another round for him to try. He loved it so much, and he said it was such an all-rounded experience eating my vegetables, with the senses of taste (obviously!), smell (the smell of ginger and onions saturated his nostrils…) and hearing (the vegetables I have cooked for him were apparently crunchy…) all activated! Yay!!! =D

No comments: