Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I met my ‘angel’ again, finally!

When I took the train from Ben Gurion International Airport on my first day in Israel, I met this Jewish girl from France at the Herzliya train station. We were the only passengers who alighted that train in that morning. After I alighted from the train, I used my camera to take a picture of the station (which was actually not allowed… oops. =P) and then walked towards the lift. To my surprise, that girl was actually waiting for me in the lift as she was expecting me to enter the lift on the way to leave the station. (Oops, I made a girl wait! ARGH!!!) As I thanked her and talked to her, to my surprise again, she was also a student of IDC! I was like, WOW! That was the destination I needed to reach after leaving the train station. She helped me get a taxi later on outside the train station, and helped me negotiate a reasonable fare to IDC with the taxi driver. I thanked her and we went our separate ways.

From that day onwards, I have been longing to meet her again, just wanting to say a big ‘Thank You’ to her for all the help she offered me that fateful morning. However, since the semester started in late October, I haven’t seen her face around on campus for more than a month, even though IDC has a small population and a small campus! I began to think that she might have been an angel from the Lord, who He has sent to help me that very morning. (Yes, I do believe in angels. ;) )

As I stood up in the lecture hall and stretched my body during the class break in my ‘The Arab-Israeli Conflict and the Peace Process’ lesson this morning, I saw this Jewish French girl again, after so long, in the lecture hall! Without delay I approached her, greeted her and thanked her again for the help she has offered me more than 1 1/2 months ago. She remembered me (which was not difficult since I was the only Chinese student around…) and was surprised that I actually remembered her. Haha! She has just transferred from the Hebrew programme to the English programme recently and therefore she was not in this course until this week. No wonder I couldn’t locate her all this while!

She might not be an angel sent from above, but I thanked God that He watched over me so closely that He has arranged us to meet in that morning so that I would arrive at IDC without hassle. Thank you, Lord! =D

No comments: