Saturday, April 21, 2007

No Job, No Wife.

I had some unpleasant relationships in the past, and made mistakes and broke hearts as a result of my naiveness, immaturity, and lack of commitment in growing them. Not long after I have joined the church, I got hold of the audio sermons on 'Choosing The Right Partner For Life' and 'Becoming A Real Man'. I have also attended the churchwide seminar on 'Making Marriage Work' last year. These series have educated me in many ways how to be a mature man (My church has this saying that "We are male by birth but MEN BY CHOICE!"), and also how to be a good boyfriend and a committed and faithful husband in the future.

I have always had this goal for some years that I want to get married between the age of 26 and 28 (yes, I don't want a late marriage...). However, given the fact that I'm already 23 and going on to 24 in some months away, many wondered why I am still single and not attached right now. I am more than 100% certain that God doesn't want me to stay single for the rest of my life, and therefore, I am trusting God for His perfect timing and 'provision'. However, I also knew that I have to do my part too and find 'her', because the Bible says this in Proverbs 18:22 (NKJV) that "He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord."! For more than a year I have been praying that He will give me guidance and directions to find 'her' (not only in my own quiet time but also at the Western Wall in Jerusalem, haha!), but this morning as I was re-listening to one of the sermons in the 'Becoming A Real Man' series, these words "No job, no wife" got stuck in my mind and the Lord reminded me on the spot that I have to get my priorities right and find a job first! For a moment, the 'she/her'-seeker has returned to the path of a job-seeker... haha. =P

No comments: