Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Happy 59th Birthday, Israel! =D
Unlike most countries in the world, Israel's Independence Day is on a different date every year! Israel's Declaration of Indepedence was signed on May 14, 1948, but its 59th Independence Day was celebrated today, on April 24, due to the fact that according to the Jewish calendar it was exactly 59 years ago! Also similar to the way festivals and events are celebrated in the country, the celebration started the evening before the actual date!
Okay, enough of the date issue... I really wish that I will have the opportunity in the future to be there at their Independence Day, to be able to see the Israeli flags flying across the country and fireworks lighting up the skies in the major cities... I am sure that day will come. Till then, I will just celebrate it my way, i.e. put up the souvenir-sized Israeli flags in my room! Haha!
Happy Birthday, Israel! =D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment