Friday, December 08, 2006
Going to IKEA here in Israel!
Yesterday evening, David (from Netanya) and Hilla and I (from Herzliya) went to the only IKEA in Israel located at Netanya (click here for the map). I didn’t have specific things I wanted to buy there (as I’m watching my expenses pretty closely here in Israel), but I missed the Swedish meatballs very much, the trademark dish in the IKEA restaurant everywhere. I couldn’t remember when it was the last time I had the Swedish meatballs in IKEA Singapore, so I was really looking forward to the (kosher) Swedish meatballs when we were on our way to IKEA and met David there. (I think by now you should have realised how much I missed the meatballs… I have already mentioned it more than 3 times in a sentence!!!) As for Hilla, she was so thrilled during the journey (IKEA is from Sweden, the neighbouring country of Finland), and she even started heaping and dancing once we got off the sherut and walked towards IKEA! Haha!
Stepping into IKEA really brought memories of Singapore to my mind. Besides the standard IKEA products, the way IKEA laid out its shopping route here in Netanya was more or less the same as that in Singapore, and I supposed it would be the same in other parts of the world as well. We spent more than 3 hours in IKEA, including a really sumptuous meal in the IKEA restaurant. =) It was really rare that I walked out of IKEA without any product purchases. For Hilla, she only managed to fulfill half of what she intended to buy on her ‘To-Buy’ list, and added many other purchases outside the list! Haha! I certainly remembered how I shopped in the past in IKEA Singapore: walking out of IKEA with many extra purchases which I didn’t even need them (although I wanted them… =P)!
Stepping into IKEA really brought memories of Singapore to my mind. Besides the standard IKEA products, the way IKEA laid out its shopping route here in Netanya was more or less the same as that in Singapore, and I supposed it would be the same in other parts of the world as well. We spent more than 3 hours in IKEA, including a really sumptuous meal in the IKEA restaurant. =) It was really rare that I walked out of IKEA without any product purchases. For Hilla, she only managed to fulfill half of what she intended to buy on her ‘To-Buy’ list, and added many other purchases outside the list! Haha! I certainly remembered how I shopped in the past in IKEA Singapore: walking out of IKEA with many extra purchases which I didn’t even need them (although I wanted them… =P)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment